I have to repost this great text from Medium, my thoughts exactly:
- Unsubscribe from any newsletter you don’t immediately want to devour.
- If an email that doesn’t require a response or action, delete it.
- Use one program at a time. Don’t even leave something open in the background. Multitasking makes it hard to focus and makes tasks take longer.
- Turn off every notification.
- Focus in tiny increments. 30-45 minutes at a time or so.
- If you’re frustrated, leave. Get some air, eat a snack, meditate for 10 minutes.
- Keep a log of what you eat during the day and how you feel afterwards.
- Follow fewer people on social media.
- Work at your peak time. During that time, turn off your phone and email, never schedule meetings and remove distractions.
- Turn off emails from social media networks. Do you really need to know when someone friends you?
- Don’t work hard, work better because busyness doesn’t equal productivity. Make tasks take less time, so you can accomplish more and then have time for other, better things.
You can find the article here.